Uncategorized

Presidency Finally Speaks On Fire Outbreak In Aso Rock

Presidency Finally Speaks On Fire Outbreak In Aso Rock

Following the recent Fire Outbreak in Aso Rock, The presidency on Sunday said there was no fire within the perimeter walls of the State House.

The reaction followed media reports that the nation’s seat of power, the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, went up in flames Saturday night.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, in a statement, said though there was indeed a bush fire behind the fence of the ‘Villa’ Saturday night but the said inferno did not enter the premises of the State House, as it was effectively contained by fire fighters.

ALSO READ:  EFCC In Bribery Scandal, Dragged to Court

Though it said investigations were ongoing on the source of the said fire, he said initial suspicion suggested cigarette stub light, which might have been dropped in the bush from the nearby express.

Presidency Finally Speaks On Fire Outbreak In Aso Rock
Presidency Finally Speaks On Fire Outbreak In Aso Rock

Shehu explained that the said inferno had no impact on any building, property or human within and around the State House.

“People in the country and even abroad have been expressing concerns over reports of a fire incident in Aso Rock Villa, the seat of the Nigerian government.

“I would like to clarify that there was no fire inside the Presidential Villa.

“In the evening of Saturday, March 6, a fire broke out burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa, precisely in the area between the Villa and the Barracks, towards Asokoro.

ALSO READ:  Twitter Africa Headquarters: Presidency Reacts

“The fire, as being speculated, might have started from a passerby dropping a burning cigarette. The Federal Fire Service will ascertain the reason for it when they complete their investigation.

“It suffices to say that this bush fire, which started and ended outside the perimeter walls of the Villa, was seamlessly contained by fire stations of the State House and the one nearby from the Federal Fire Service. No loss of life, no loss whatsoever to building and property was recorded.

 

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *