Big Story

BREAKING: Nigerian Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits, Arrests 100 Security Violators –

BREAKING: Nigerian Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits, Arrests 100 Security Violators

Information reaching Ibom Focus that Nigerian Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits, Arrests 100 Security Violators

Zamfara State government says over 100 people who violated the executive orders regarding the recent security measures in the state have been arrested.

The secretary of the task force on security matters, Abdul Haruna, told reporters on Wednesday that the 100 people were arrested for various offenses while five cows belonging to a military officer were recovered.

Haruna further disclosed that two vehicles loaded with food items and other essential commodities, suspected to be heading to the bandits’ camps, were intercepted.

ALSO READ:  President Buhari Approves Change Of Name For A Ministry, Full Details

“However, the drivers of the two vehicles could not defend themselves hence they were arrested,” he added.

Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits

Haruna said Lalan junction, Mayanchi junction, Lamba Bakura junction and Colony Junction had been closed indefinitely.

“We closed these junctions because since markets have been closed indefinitely, the bandits have no other means than to be getting their foodstuffs and other essential commodities from the junctions,” he said.

Haruna said when the tension becomes too much for the bandits, they would be forced to relocate and flee from the state.

Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits
Ibom Focus Media

Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits

ALSO READ:  Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: Trouble Looms As Kenya Govt Drags Nigeria To ICC

The development trails the blockage of communication channels and restriction of movement in the state.

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had ordered the suspension of all telecom sites in the state over growing insecurity concerns.

In the memo signed by the NCC and forwarded to the telecoms, the suspension of services would last between September 3 through September 17 in the first instance.

The commission had also said the directive was to enable relevant security agencies to carry out required efforts towards addressing the security challenge in the state.

Government Seizes Vehicles Transporting Food To Bandits