We’re Battle Ready To Stop Nnamdi Kanu’s Sit-at-Home Order, Says Police, Reveals 7 Ways To Stop, Full Details
The Nigerian police have revealed that they are battle ready to stop the Sit-at-home order by the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu to celebrate Biafran Heroes.
In a statement
SP Bala Elkana, ANIPR, Police Public Relations Officer, urged people to go about their lawful businesses on 29th, 30th, and 31st of May without fear because they are ready to stop the Sit-at-home order.
The police further said that parents and guardians are strongly advised to monitor the movement of their children and wards throughout this period and beyond.
The statement added that the members of the public with useful information can contact the Police through the following emergency number 08034773600.
The attention of Imo State Police Command has been drawn to some messages circulating on social media purported to have emanated from leaders of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOP), directing innocent and law abiding citizens of the State to sit at home on 29th, 30th and 31st May, 2021.
2. These inciting messages by disgruntled and misguided elements are targeted towards creating fear and panic on the minds of patriotic and law abiding citizens of the State. The hoodlums are looking for opportunities to loot and steal from unsuspecting members of the public.
3. The Command wishes to inform the good people of Imo State that adequate security arrangements are put in place to guarantee their safety. The Police in collaboration with other security agencies in the state have massively deployed its resources and Special Forces to provide watertight security across the State.
4. Members of the public are advised to go about their lawful businesses without fear. Do not succumb to cheap blackmail and threats from criminal elements who cannot defeat the collective will of the people.
5. Parents and guardians are strongly advised to monitor the movement of their children and wards throughout this period and beyond. To those who are bent on disturbing the peace of the state, we have this simple message for you, steer clear of the public space or write your will before you step out. The Command is battle ready to deal decisively with hoodlums and criminal elements in line with the law.
6. Members of the public with useful information can contact the Police through the following emergency number 08034773600
7. Together we will continue to keep Imo State safe.