Profile: 10 Important Things You Need To Know About Akwa Ibom New Chief Judge, Ekaette Obot
Following the Akwa Ibom New Chief Judge, Ekaette Obot, IBOM FOCUS has bring to you 10 Important Things You Need To Know About her.
Justice Ekaette Francesca Fabian-Obot has been named the new chief judge of Akwa Ibom State, succeeding Justice Godwin Abraham, who bowed out of office after 34 years of service having attained the mandatory retirement age of 65.
The appointment of the new 58-year-old judge by State Governor Udom Emmanuel was recommended by the National Judicial Council.
Here is what you need to know about Akwa ibom new chief judge.
1. Justice Ekaette Francesca Fabian-Obot was born on 7 January 1963 at Lagos.
2. She hails from Nung Oku Ekanem, Onna local government area of Akwa Ibom State.
She is a Christian.
3. Ekaette was appointed Judge of the High Court on 13 June 2000.
She has attended the following learning institutions:
4. Township School Port Harcourt, Rivers 1969-1971
5. Lagos Premier Day School, Surulere, Lagos State 1972-1974
6. Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School, Ikeja, Lagos 1974-1979
7. Methodist Girls High School Yaba, Lagos State 1979- 1980
8. University of Ife(now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife) 1980-1984
9. Justice Obot was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1985. Three years later, in May 1988, she was appointed a Magistrate.
10. Justice Obot has served in Governorship, National and State Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal in Imo, Borno, Edo, Anambra and Plateau States.